Human Trafficking Prevention: All Connecticut lodging employees are required to have annual training.
- Check CLA Homepage for scheduled trainings.
- In-house training through the DHS Blue Campaign: The Blue Campaign is the unified voice for DHS' efforts to combat human trafficking. Print and review the hospitality toolkit in either ENGLISH or SPANISH. Then watch the DHS What is Human Trafficking videos. Make sure to document trainings with date and save in the employees personnel file.
- AAHOA Human Trafficking Awareness Training is a FREE digital educational offering available for AAHOA members and their employees.
- AHLA Human Trafficking Awareness Training- Your Role in Preventing Human Trafficking: The American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute’s long-standing online training program, available through AHLEI by the AHLA partnership with Marriott International, ECPAT-USA and Polaris, addresses the issue of human trafficking and discusses the intersections between human trafficking and the hospitality industry. The training is available in 17 languages to ensure that global hospitality organizations can share this important program as widely as possible. For additional training programs, visit Polaris, ECPAT-USA and BEST. Website
- Other resources:
Sexual Harassment Prevention: Connecticut law now requires sexual harassment training for all employees. Employers must now provide two hours of sexual harassment training to all employees in Connecticut, not just supervisors. New employees hired after October 1, 2019, must be trained within six months of hire.
- Contact FordHarrison for trainings.
- AHLA: Sexual Harassment Prevention in the Hospitality Industry is an interactive training program to address and help prevent sexual harassment and the harmful impact it has on individuals and businesses. Developed specifically for our unique industry, this modern, engaging course features scenario-based learning and focuses on the impact to individuals and emphasizes the responsibility each employee has to maintain a respectful and inclusive workplace.
- Click here to view the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities' Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
AHLEI was founded in 1953 to provide working hospitality professionals with education and training. AHLEI continues to meet the needs of the industry with a variety of hospitality solutions, including online learning, professional certification, and resources for high schools, colleges, and workforce agencies. ahlei.org